Analytical/Critical Reflection

Through the experience with Effective Communication, I believe that I have benefitted greatly from the lessons delivered. At the start of the trimester, my writing skills were not great. This module provided me the proper writing techniques which would aid me in the preparation of my IWSP report in the upcoming year. For example, the proper APA citation styles for the technical report, proper captions for tables and figures and how to summarize a report comprehensively. Also, I learned how to deliver my presentation effectively with various oral presentation techniques. Personally, I feel that the mock presentation was good practice for everyone because feedbacks were given by peer review groups and that could better prepare us for the final oral presentation.

It was a great experience working together with my group members on our project. We decided to take on the topic of tackling Singapore's conservatism towards innovation by encouraging the use of polymer reinforced concrete. Through the process of piecing our report, we encountered numerous challenges with our research topic. As polymer reinforced concrete is still under heavy research, there was very limited concrete evidence of it being used in other countries. We did our best to source for credible sources to justify our stand for our proposal. From the process, I learned how to source for information relevant to my topic effectively. The ability to source for information efficiently and properly will be useful to my learning journey as I seek for solutions to my problems in the future.

As an audience in the presentation showcase, it was an enjoyable evening watching our fellow coursemates pitch their ideas. Amongst the participating teams, I feel that the Energy Savers was the best as they did a great job in engaging the audiences. The opening to the presentation was wonderful as Nurul shared the story about the "boy and the starfish", Lu Sheng did a great job in introducing the team's idea of HMI clearly and fluently, Aufal and Weiwen's efforts in ensuring that the delivery of presentation was done smoothly. The presentation slides were also formatted clearly and appropriately, with some visual effects to allow the audiences to understand their topic better.

*Edited 12/04/19 11:29pm

Commented on Aufal, Alfian and Javier

Comments

  1. Thank you, Domenic, for this well organized, comprehensive reflection. You clearly state what you did and what you experienced for each of the three sections. Regarding your project, you also allude to potential future actions. For a critical reflection, that sort of connection, mentioning how your future behaviour will be impacted by your learning, is of the essence.

    Thanks for the very good effort throughout the term. Good luck on the road ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dom,

    great to see we all stand to gain from this mod. It really does boost our confidence during presentation with all the soft skills taught that will be applicable for our future use in the industry. Personally, I think your team's idea is really innovative and do agree that citation is important in proving credibility of reports.

    All the best for exams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you've identified specific scenarios in which the lessons you've learned here will come in handy. I hope you can apply the lessons you've learned here effectively in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Domenic,

    Personally i felt that you have done a good job for your oral presentation. I have also learned more about polymer reinforced concrete through the presentation by your group. Wish you all the best for your future endeavors.

    Regards,
    Javier

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts